"…Our symptoms and difficulties reflect how we tried to adapt to circumstances beyond our control…In treatment, those survival strategies must be respected, not pathologized, even while we are trying to transform them.” -- Janina Fisher, Ph.D.
*I provide therapy services for adults and older adolescents.
*I believe in the life-long natural drive toward health and healing.
*I use approaches that cultivate a mindful awareness, and work to reveal and transform barriers to achieve balance and clarity within oneself or within a family system.
My understanding of psychological problems integrates the powerful neuroscience research on the impact of early attachment disruptions and developmental trauma (even the accumulation of "small" everyday upsets of childhood) on our capacities to cope.
Incorporating my training in...
- Psychodynamic & Interpersonal psychotherapy
- Internal Family Systems Model (Click to see description)
- EMDR (Click to see description)
- Brainspotting (Click to see description)
- DNMS (Click to see description)
- TCTSY: Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga